Fleet Manager - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumiais Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in morethan 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel,Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. Jumia isthe first African technology company to be listed on the New York StockExchange. It is led by top talentedleaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backedby MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC. justify;mso-line-height-alt:9.0pt'> Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers toconveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, andhave them delivered straight to their preferred location.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies inthe world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and boomingenvironment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourishand this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for technologyand food to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
- Owns rider training process and continuous improvement
- Ensure riders have complete and accurate road and bikeriding documentations
- Cash collection compliance: liaises with cash collector toreconcile orders done the previous day and confirming payments from ridersdaily (zero under collections)
- Random checks of riders on the field – at their hubs, vendors’ and customers’ locations, on the go/field
- Ensuring riders are compliant always:
- Appearance: riders must be clean – clean uniforms, and grooming; boxes must also be clean
- Behavior on the job: timely resumption, monitor riders’ movements via UN and in real time (confirm from vendor and vendor agents if needed)
- strictly applying penalty scheme to non-compliant riders (some reasons for fines: lateness, shoes in boxes, dirty boxes, appearance, not wearing the appropriate attire, completing steps ahead of time, AWOL, rude to vendors and customers,vendor agents or customers)
- Manage relationships with 3PLs by collating weekly reports for 3PLs showing their riders’ performance (financial impact – logistics breakdown, and assessment – riders’ scorecard)
- Monitor riders’ performance via BI and Live Dashboard reports – assess the strengths of 3PL’s riders, and riders generally and give recommendations for improvement.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- A related degree from a recognised University, Professionalcertification in Logistics an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in logistics management
- Must have strong people management background and presentation skills.
- Have good knowledge of rider hubs – geographical know how; know the shortcuts, long routes, bad roads, routes to avoid (due to traffic and safety concerns)
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needsand possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly build productive relationships in a fast-paced,high-performance environment.
- Confident communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to ride a bike is a plus
- A unique experience in anentrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of ahighly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professionalgrowth given the challenges that we propose you to take