Head of Customer Service - Jumia (Full Time)
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Our platforms consist of our marketplace, whichconnects sellers with consumers, our logistics service, which enables theshipment and delivery of packages from sellers to consumers, and our paymentservice, which facilitates transactions among participants active on ourplatform in selected markets. Through our online platforms, consumers canaccess a wide range of physical and digital goods and services, fashion,electronics, beauty products and also hotel and flight bookings or restaurantdelivery.
With over 3,000 employees in 14 countriesspanning across 6 African regions, Jumia is led by top talented leadersoffering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by veryhigh-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impactfor Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and boomingenvironment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey
- Be the voice of the customer
- Follow and implement the Global strategiesand procedures, and clearly communicate set goals
- Manage all the CS channels: Inbound,Outbound, Emails, Social media platforms, ensuring compliance in areas ofquality and efficiency. Maintain a proactive attitude towards complaintmanagement and issue resolution
- Closely monitor the performance anddelivery of set SLAs, and follow-up on daily operations
- Build a strong relationship with theCentral Head of Customer Service, take input, give feedback to, and ensure astrong cooperation
- Recruit, train, and manage the customerservice agents
- Regularly report to the Central Head ofCustomer Service as well as the Country MD on the delivery of set SLA andsuggestions on how to improve
- Analyze data and statistics for the CSteam within his/her jurisdiction
- Proven ability to influence, motivate, andlead in a large organization
- Prior experience in business operations ata high-growth organization
- Personal obsession with detail,efficiency, and user experience
- Strong interest in retail and technology
- Engaging entrepreneurial spirit blendedwith excellent analytical skills
- Fluency in English is a must; Otherlanguages are a plus
- Advanced degree from a top-rankedinstitution
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial,yet structured environment;
- The opportunity to become part of a highlyprofessional and dynamic team working around the world;
- An unparalleled personal and professionalgrowth given the challenges that we propose you to take.